I mentioned to my girlfriend one time about watching the sunset on the beach. Immediately she was on board. She didn't moan or groan. She went completely on board with everything. I told her a couple weeks ago. She asked me to come over her house; I asked her are we just chilling or doing something. She said up to me...ᕙ( •̀ ᗜ •́ )ᕗ I instantly mentioned the beach. Heart pounding and feeling like she wouldn't want to do it. Having a past relationship that's coming from broken promises and dates never met; that anxiety of being turned down flushed over me. I sent the text anyway. I was met with enthusiasm and a girl who was just as down as I was. I was so excited this is something I've never done before and I always wanted to do.
4:30 in the morning my alarm goes off, groggy, walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth and washing my face. I meet her back in her room and I see she looks just as tired as I do. I thought to myself..."she's just as crazy as I am." Two girls who are both hopeless romantics who found each other. On our drive to the beach I glanced at her and knew my life with her will be at ease. Broken promises/empty words is something that is just not in her character. A person who is true to their word; that meant the world to me. In that moment, my eyes were filled with stars as I was looking at my galaxy.
On the beach we put our towels down, sat for a little while, and we hugged. Something so simple and sweet. Stomach filled with butterflies; I felt so filled with love. Gentle kisses and little cuddles while listening to the waves hit the sand. I love being lesbian. I love being able to experience new things with her. She said she's never been to the beach this early, neither have I...a first for us both. I love her so and She loves me. After we leave the beach, she tells me "Next time we should bring blankets and a pillow." Next time? Oh, you love being around me. You love...me. In every single lifetime, I would choose to be lesbian. Loving women is an amazing feeling but getting to fall in love with her specifically is something i'd want to do for an eternity.
Early Bird
We lie low to the earth, our breathing aligned,
As tender and sweet as a morning can be,
With the slow, crashing water leaving worries behind,
Quiet and soft by the edge of the sea.
The sand drinks the water, soft, patient, and deep,
Like the quiet grace of your hand held in mine,
While the rest of the world is drifting in sleep,
We map out a universe, sweet and divine.
We are the shorebirds that fly side by side,
Resting our wings where the sea meets the land,
Moving together, as sure as the tide,
xoxo,Starra. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁. ⊹ ˖ . ݁
you truly have a beautiful way of writing, I loved every second of this piece (yes I did cry)
ReplyDelete